- Eliminating the state income tax will
put $3,600 in your hands
to spend in whatever way you wish to spend it, like your
heating bill this winter.
Otherwise, the state decides how it should be spent.
Divide the $12.7 billion in state income taxes collected
in 2009 by 3.4 million taxpayers.
- Eliminating the state income tax will make Massachusetts
much more economically competitive
Nine (9) states have no income tax. All of them are
more competitive than Massachusetts.
- If you are a strong supporter of government funding, you
may always donate 5.3% or more of your income
to the state.
No tax is required, but donations may always be made.
- Eliminating the state income tax will reduce state
revenues back to where they were in 1999. It was a very
The state income tax represents an average 27% of
after adding in all state operations.
- Fiscal 2009 revenues will be up $1.12 billion over
fiscal 2008 revenues.
Tax Freedom Day in Massachusetts
was April 28, 2008. This is the day you starting
earning money for yourself and not for someone else.
Chapter 70 for schools
(expense code 7061-0008) is merely the state as the taxing
authority distributing monies back to your town.
These revenues should be the responsibility of the town.
Your vote at the town level has more value than your vote
at the state level.
If the state taxes you and redistributes the monies to your
town, isn't your vote is being diluted?
I have yet to find a single person who can tell me the
formula used to reproduce the numbers generated by the state.
- While you may complain about the cost of your weekly gas
fillup, do you ever complain about your weekly tax bill?.
Add your local property taxes, state income tax and other
state taxes, your federal taxes, gas tax, etc... and divide
Compare it to the cost of filling up your gas tank.
- Question1 will not raise your property taxes. Your
municipality's teacher/police/fire unions might push
for an override by pressuring your Board of Selectman
- Are you tired of the sheer contempt shown towards taxpayers
by the state legislature and governor? If so,
Axe The Tax.
- Eliminating the state income tax will force the state
government to eliminate useless perks to the state police
such as the
- If you have been stopped by the state police, have they
shown you their civil servant attitude?
This is your opportunity to show them your attitude.
- Massachusetts is a sanctuary state for
Have you ever read an article about the state police
ever turning illegals over to ICE?
Do you believe the state police officers are doing their jobs?
Are they derelict in their duties?
Do you want to continue funding non-fuctional departments?
- Governor Deval Patrick would like in-state tuition for
illegal aliens. A sign of too much money?
- Massachusetts currently has a pilot program to pay
for the health insurance for illegal aliens.
Another sign of too much money?
- Eliminating the state income tax will significantly control
the proliferation (approximately 150,000) of
full and part time state employees
- Public sector employees are 90% unionized. The sole
purpose of a union is to ask for better pay and benefits.
Tired of paying the much better pay and benefits?
- Examine the
of the state. How many apply to you?
- Have you received less than civil service from a
Perhaps, they have forgotten that they are
Now is the time to remind them.
- Why do we spend more on
State Corrections (8900-0001)
than the University of Massachusetts (7100-0200)?
Are we nuts?
- Why do we spend
$1.3 billion (with a B) on mental retardation
? Is there an issue with the water supply?
- Why do we only spend only $120 million on the
Department of Highways
- Tired of local and state government employees
- At age 72, will you be working bagging groceries to
pay for the retirement and health insurance of your
neighbor who retired from the state of Massachusetts
20 years ago after a short 30 year career.
- Just because a job exists in the public sector, does
not mean it is essential or even needed (except to the
current holder of the job).
- Question 1 will not affect essential services of the
state government. Enumerate what an essential service is.