Hydraulic excavator (shovelis maximus) digging its own grave on Speen Street
on Tuesday, September 20, 2016. Framingham DPW is doing some work.
A bad-boy full-sized hydraulic excavator...
- it can climb steep terrain,
- it can rapidly excavate large holes,
- it can rapidly dig trenches up to 20 feet down
(certainly deep enough to bury itself),
- it can fully rotate 12 times per minute,
- it's bucket can hold 2,500 pounds of soil,
- it requires a sober, drug free operator,
- it can snarl commuter traffic for hours, and
- it does not seem to be able to dig its way out of a hole.