|I am an avid seeker of knowledge about my potential Selectmen.
As such I have compiled a list of questions for the candidates.
The latest long term financial report states very clearly and
unambiguously, that we have very large unfunded liabilities and
will soon have to cut $15 million out of operational funds to
fund health insurance for retirees.
2012-2016 Long Range Financial Forececast
- What would you cut? Have you even considered this problem
that you WILL face?
Here's a choice of departments/areas to cut...
Framingham Public Schools
Parks and Recreation
- Would you vote to place an override on the ballot?
- Would you vote to place an underride on the ballot?
- Identify the biggest issues facing Framingham and how you
might deal with them.
- Do you believe it is appropriate to remain silent about
the SWAT killing of Eurie Stamps by the Framingham police
for two months?
- Do you view Plyler V Doe to be a financial issue in
If so, what would you do if you were on the BOS?
- Do you view Plyler V Doe as an unfunded mandate?
Our schools do not view it as such since they did not include
their long list of unfunded mandates
- What is your view of the $7.5 million expenditure on fixing
stuff in the downtown area.
Do you believe it will accomplish anything positive or do
you see it as a waste of hard earned tax dollars?
- It has been stated by many that Framingham has lost services due
Do you agree with that statement?
If so, can you please identify very specifically what service
has been lost?
Can you please be very specific as to the repercussions of
- Framingham's student/teacher ratio is currently 11.5 to 1.
Is that too high or too low?
- Do you believe that public sector employees are entitled to
more compensation and benefits than the private sector
- Would you support a town meeting study on total compensation
packages for town and school employees versus the private sector
- Given that our unions do not want to increase their health
insurance payments, would you support a ZERO/ZERO three year
contract (COLA's and step increases) for town and
- What does the term level funding mean to you?
The same funding as last year?
The same funding as last year plus a large hike in pay?
Suggest another definition of level funding.
- The town of Framingham has a real estate portfolio
containing 381 properties of which it might use 150,
Should the town sell its unused properties?
- Do you believe that the Danforth Museum has sufficient value
that taxpayers should continue to fund the the heating and
maintenance of the building since the museum is unable to
generate sufficient revenues to do it themselves?
- Do you believe in the strict separation of church and state?
Should Framingham spend any funds on Christmas decoratiions?