From: Warren Buffet
In order to eliminate the annual deficit, we just pass a law that says
that any time there is a deficit of more than 3% of GDP,all sitting
members of Congress are ineligible for re-election.
The 26th amendment (granting the right to vote for 18 year-olds)
took only 3 months and 8 days to be ratified! Why?Simple!
The people demanded it.
That was in 1971 - before computers, e-mail, cell phones, etc.
Of the 27 amendments to the Constitution, seven (7) took one (1) year
or less to become the law of the land all because of public pressure.
Congressional Reform Act of 2012
- No Tenure/No Pension
A Congressman/woman collects a salary while in office and receives
no pay when they're out of office.
- Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security.
All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the
Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the
Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American
people.It may not be used for any other purpose.
- Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all
- Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise.
- Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
- Congress loses their current health care system and participates
in the same health care system as the American people.
- Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the
- All contracts with past and present Congressmen/women are
void effective 12/1/12. The American people did not make this
contract with Congressmen/women. Congress made all these contracts
Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers
envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s),
then go home and back to work.